Re: [Fsfe-uk] Odeon in "working website" shock

From: Tom Chance
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Odeon in "working website" shock
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 18:14:35 +0100

On Wednesday 13 Oct 2004 16:56, Alex Hudson wrote:
> It seems that my self-inflicted boycott of The Odeon for their awfully
> crap and tedious website can come to an end:
>
>       http://www.odeon.co.uk/
>
> It even has words like "Accessibility", and I can actually find film
> times and things again.
>
> The old non-working site is still there if you want it too. Shame, would
> have made a good target for the OIP campaign ;)

From what I can see you can pull up the film times in their accessible
section, but you can't book online.

I can use their booking system perfectly well in Konqueror, which is a
reasonably good sign.

Anyhow, it might be a good opportunity for a press release & open letter
congratulating them on the accessible web site, and the relatively standards
compliant main web site (given that Konqi can load it), and encouraging them
to go further to make their entire web site fully web standards compliant (if
it isn't already -- it does use javascript in pointless ways, but anyway this
needs checking), as well as offering accessible web booking (if this is
possible?)

Regards,
Tom