[Fsfe-uk] Information Accessibility Campaign and O2

From: Chris Lale
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Information Accessibility Campaign and O2
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:24:02 +0000

I cannot use Mozilla to access http://www.o2.co.uk - the website of O2,
the mobile phone company. I get a web page inviting me to upgrade my
(non-existant) copy of Netscape.

I sent O2 an email message, but I had to use and email form on their
website - a case of catch 22.

Here is a copy of my message:

"I cannot access your website with my browser, even though it is a
recent version (Mozilla 1.7.3). Instead, I get an error page
browserupgradeNetscape.html. (I am using Mozilla, not Netscape.) Is this
an administrative oversight, is it sloppy website design or is it your
policy to deny access to customers who use Free/Open Source software? I
hope you will correct this problem as soon as possible so that I can top
up my mobile phone online."

I thought that perhaps O2 would be another candidate for a campaign page
on Tom Chance's open wiki, so I have added this page:
http://www.okfn.org/iai/wiki/O2Campaign.

Chris.
--
Chris Lale <address@hidden>