[Fsfe-uk] Open Standards - Invitation for comments

From: Gavin Hill
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Open Standards - Invitation for comments
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:35:04 +0100 (BST)

Good Afternoon

Wearing my FFII hat I would like to invite comments
from anyone interested in the UK governments adoption
of Open Standards.

*Are the XML formats identified by the government as
compatible with OS accepted by the FLOSS community?

*Is the governments policy on web development in
public services sufficient?

*Are there any other issues that people can identify
under this 'umbrella term' covering audio, video,
documentation and so on, that should be considered.

Feel free to email me off list.

Regards

Gavin

http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com