[Fsfe-uk] Re: Fsfe-uk Digest, Vol 41, Issue 4

From: John Seago
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Fsfe-uk Digest, Vol 41, Issue 4
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 17:38:37 +0100

On Thursday 01 Jan 1970 00:59, address@hidden wrote:
> On the off chance that I might have seen the problem, could you check
> through your inbox - I'm guessing that all the mails from FSFE-UK you
> have with correct dates are all from the 10th of the month onwards, and
> you have none dated 1st-9th of any given month?
>
> Unless it's something different, I would expect that if someone sends a
> mail to the list from the 10th of this month, you'll find that the date
> is correct again.
>
> If that's all the case, there's probably a one-character patch (along
> the lines of s/%2d/%02d/) which is likely needed, and I'm sure someone
> at GNU could fix up their mailman.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex.

No I'm afraid that it doesn't matter what the date is, they all show up as
thu Jan 1 00:59:59 1970 and always have done. The address@hidden bounce came
with the correct date. Now with Kmail I have the choice of, 'Fancy',
'Brief', 'Standard', 'Long' and 'Full' Headers, none of which, as most of
them with other emails, gives a date or time stamp. Standard, with other
emails gives no time/date stamp, and Full headers, with other emails gives
a time stamp some minutes and seconds and 4 hours less, different from,
the date/time shown in the folder, probably the time it arrives at the
server for my domain name which is in the USA. The 'Long' headers which my
mail is set to only gives the 1970 date/time stamp.
--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566