Re: [Fsfe-uk] The Cox Review and DTI Changes

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] The Cox Review and DTI Changes
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:38:20 +0000

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 12:39 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> You may recall that the UK Government currently classes software
> development and much computer-related activity as part of the Creative
> Industries.

I thought it was only multimedia/leisure software and computer games
that were classified as 'creative'? (e.g, anything with an 'art'
component, rather than the code itself).

I remember a recent conversation I had with a researcher in that field
who was telling me that the definition of CIs was pretty restrictive.

> By the way, does anyone know where swpat.ffii.org / wiki.ffii.org went?

It looks like a number of FFII machines are down atm :/

Cheers,

Alex.