Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:40:56 +0000

On 06/01/2008, Jon Grant <address@hidden> wrote:

> It is even worse if we consider the FSF's Gnash (GPLFlash) shoring up
> the propreitary Adobe Flash format. I asked FSF about this, and they
> basically said it was too established a "de facto" standard to
> ignore/boycott now. I personally dont agree,

Please explain why. Flash is a "de facto" standard in my experience:
My 16 year old sister refused to use gNewSense solely because Gnash is
still in early development, and went back to Windows.

> and would have rather
> seen FSF invest in theora-vorbis support in Firefox or HTML5 standard
> etc.

Those efforts would be worthwhile and I hope the FSF and FSFe are
involved in them, but they do not conflict with Gnash development.

--
Regards,
Dave