Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 15:16:53 +0000

----- Forwarded message from Noah Slater <address@hidden> -----

Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:58:16 +0000
From: Noah Slater <address@hidden>
To: Dave Page <address@hidden>

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 02:36:47PM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> "are we working for freedom, or have we replaced that goal with the
> shallow goal of popularity?" - rms, http://www.a42.com/node/50

I think you are misunderstanding the FSF's motives here.

I don't speak for the FSF, but I am guessing that they are supporting
Flash to make it easier for people who want to use Flash (that would
be most people with a computer) to do so using free software. Is that
not a laudable goal?

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far as
society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman

----- End forwarded message -----