Re: Growing FSFE Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: Growing FSFE Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:21:45 +0100

On 10/01/2008, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Dave Crossland" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > This sounds like a general endorsement that applies the Open Font
> > License's weak copyleft, which I hope to start a discussion about on
> > the OFL list shortly and look forward to your contributions there, MJ
> > :-)
>
> I don't think I've ever complained about OFL's weak copyleft.

Sure - and now you've made a good case for when weak (ie, very simple
and unburdensome) copyleft is appropriate in general, that applies to
fonts and is implemented by the OFL. Which is good to hear :-)

> It was the supertrademark clause which was the main trouble.

I'd welcome your thoughts on the trademark part of the "additional
terms" of GPLv3.

--
Regards,
Dave