Re: [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:08:36 +0000

"Andrew Savory" <address@hidden> wrote: [...]
> It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Seriously. Let's assume (a) everyone on
> this list has a damned good idea of what FLOSS is, (b) working with
> computers we have all developed a sense of humour.

That may be safe, but it's not necessarily the same sense of humour.
Or even compatible.

> [...] For example, I can't
> fight any battles if I don't have a job to pay me. I can't do my job with a
> solely free computing environment (which sucks). However, my job _does_
> allow me to educate people on the benefits of FLOSS (which rocks). Sometimes
> compromise is useful, n'est pas?

Maybe.  It's not a compromise I wanted to make (which is partly why
I'm at software.coop these days) but I admire Andrew's work in support
of FLOSS (even if the FL bit sometimes goes MIA). What is that job now?
I can't tell whether http://www.luminas.co.uk/ was updated recently
and andrewsavory.com doesn't contain much directly worky lately.

Regards,