Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:48:26 +0000

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 01:40:19PM +0000, Jon Grant wrote:
> Can the List software just strip the HTML mine section? or even
> convert the HTML email to plain text like Thunderbird does, and then
> send it to the list?

If you figure out the last one, please tell me how you did it.

I have been trying to set up a procmail recipie that:

 * strips the text/html mime part of a multipart email if there is a a
   text/plain part available
 * converts a non-multipart email with a content type of text/html to
   text/plain

I know I could do this using Python, but I've not had the time. Any
one know of any existing software which could do it?

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far as
society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman