Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates

From: Sam Liddicott
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Administrivia: html duplicates
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:22:45 +0000

Paul Waring wrote:
On Sat, Jan 26, 2008 at 02:24:24AM +0000, Jon Grant wrote:
Outlook, Thunderbird and all the main web mail (MSN, GMail, Yahoo etc) compose in HTML format. TBH, perhaps we should just allow HTML mails? I've yet to get some badly formatted mess of an HTML email (that was not spam) in all my years.

I get badly-formed HTML emails that are difficult to read (and even more
difficult to reply to) in mutt. I can't think of many examples where
plain text couldn't have been used instead, and I have no idea why
Thunderbird defaults to HTML format by default. If someone sends HTML
email to a list (as opposed to me personally), in all likelihood I won't
bother to read it.
Are these html-only emails or emails with an alternative text part that Mutt is having problems with?

Sam