Re: [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund

From: Jon Grant
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 15:34:44 +0000

Hi Ian,

[...]
> prices are unsustainable) and as more things move to be web based it's
> less inconvenient to change from a Windows desktop. This has already
> forced MS to reduce the price of OEM Windows for these devices. Reducing
> the price will delay change but it won't in the end stop it as

I think one risk is that MS drops their price to something small like
£3 (OEM's only pay around £15 for XP I heard) charge, MS still make
enough profit to do their business, and people stick with it as
practically it does work well for many people and at that price point
its easy for the price difference to not be a consideration.

Cheers, Jon