Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stephen Fry on Asus Eee

From: Paul Waring
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Stephen Fry on Asus Eee
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:07:00 +0000

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 06:01:16PM +0000, Richard Smedley wrote:
> That's rather the problem, isn't it? The lack of Free Software
> representation in the UK.
> Anyone feel like giving up 20 or 30 hours a week to start up
> an FSFE-UK?

I think this is a major problem - I personally think the FSF is too
US-biased and doesn't have much of a representation in Europe, even less
in the UK (though there is the Manchester Free Software group which
seems to be going well). A proper active FSF(E)-UK branch is something
I'd like to see and would be willing to get involved in, but not in the
order of 20 hours a week for free. :)

Paul

--
Paul Waring