[Fsfe-uk] Manchester Document Freedom Day talk this Wednesday

From: Sam Tuke
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Manchester Document Freedom Day talk this Wednesday
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:56:01 +0100

Already sent to other lists, but in case you missed it:

_19.00, Wednesday 30th March, Friends Meeting House Manchester_

This Wednesday is Document Freedom Day - a global celebration of Open
Standards and document liberation (http://documentfreedom.org).

I shall give a talk at 19.00 entitled Preserving culture & knowledge with Open
Standards, describing the relationship between the three and examining threats
to our cultural future. There will be a question and answer session at the
end, and probably some drinks too.

I hope to see Free Software, Open Data and of course Open Standards
enthusiasts in the audience!

The location is right next to Manchester Central Library. More info here:
http://www.quakertrading.co.uk/central-manchester/getting-here

Unfortunately I had trouble booking a venue which explains the short notice.

Best Wishes,

Sam.

--
Sam Tuke
British Team Coordinator

Document Freedom Day - Liberate your documents!
http://documentfreedom.org - March 30th 2011