fsuk-manchester

[Fsuk-manchester] Re: Logo Competition

From: Lucy
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: Logo Competition
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 10:55:22 +0100

2009/10/2 MJ Ray <address@hidden>:
> Lucy <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Manchester/Logo_Competition#Entries
>> We now have four entries and the competition ends on Monday.
>>
>> At least one of the entrants has said they are willing to make changes
>> based on our feedback. So let us hear your thoughts!
>
> I like the style and proportions of logo one (vertical bee) because
> I think it'll print better and looks more obviously not a bee's head,
> but the position of logo two (horizontal).
>
> The bee theme seems a good idea to combine with the GNU, but then
> I would say that, wouldn't I?

Yep, the bee theme is something that Dave Page thought of some time
ago. The bee is a logo used by the city of Manchester as a reflection
of its 'working class' roots. It would be nice to incorporate it into
a logo I think.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass it on. Printing is obviously a
concern, but it also needs to be recognisable and 'friendly' for
newcomers (or 'gnubees').