fsuk-manchester

[fsuk-manchester] Workshop 0: Future Planning - 14th October

From: Leslie I'Anson
Subject: [fsuk-manchester] Workshop 0: Future Planning - 14th October
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 16:08:59 +0100

Hello all,

We are pleased to announce that Manchester Free Software are planning
to hold regular workshops in a similar vein to our current monthly
talks.

Our first workshop, entitled "Future Planning", is due to take place
at 19:00 on Wednesday 21st October 2009 at Manchester Digital
Development Agency <http://manchesterdda.com/>.

The first of many workshops, Workshop 0/Zero, is focused around
establishing the group, planning topics for future workshops and
gathering feedback and ideas from the MFS community. Therefore, it
will follow a slightly different format to subsequent workshops and
will include the following:-

  * An introduction to the MDDA.
  * Introductions to the Drupal Users Group, who will be sharing the
space with us.
  * A brief presentation about our ideas and plans for future workshops,
  * followed by an open discussion and brainstorming session.

Following on from Workshop 0/Zero, subsequent Wednesday meetings at
the MDDA will then provide an opportunity to supplement our talks with
practical, "hands on" workshops and tutorials. Two topics that have
already been confirmed for future workshops this year include "Bug
Submission" and "The Web of Trust".

Similar to our talks, workshops are free to attend and open to
everyone. As mentioned previously, workshops are due to start at 19:00
but people will be around from 18:30 onwards. Directions to the MDDA
are available on their website <http://manchesterdda.com/directions/>
and their address is as follows:-

  Manchester Digital Development Agency (MDDA)
  Lower Ground Floor
  117-119 Portland Street
  Manchester
  M1 6ED

Access to the building is via the doorbell at the entrance and
wheelchair access via the lift  to the left of the main entrance. The
MDDA also provide complimentary tea, coffee and water.

Please reply to the list if you are interesting in attending or
participating in this or future workshops and feel free to
redistribute this information.

Thank you and best wishes,
The MFS Team

--