g-wrap-dev

Re: Initial thoughts.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Initial thoughts.
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:04:24 -0600

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Interesting! Sounds like we can add this over time, no?

Maybe -- if it's actually a good idea :>

> Actually, our spec was produced by h2defs.py and then tuned by hand. The
> specs they provide are not what we are using, they're in an old format.

Ahh, thanks, I didn't realize that.

> Jeez, lots of changes. This branch of g-wrap is unstable. Can we just
> have a release with what Andy (Rottman) has done, then move on to
> implementing other things? These are fascinating questions, but we
> really need to get on and churn things up a bit. Pieces at a time.

Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I could have been.  *None* of the stuff I
mentioned is actually in any existing g-wrap tree (that I know of).
G-wrap, as I'm about to commit it to CVS, hasn't really changed
notably from the current public release.  I only mentioned all of the
things that I did so that everyone would know what I've been
speculating about and investigating for the past 9 months or so.

My immediate goals are just to get the code into CVS, and then start
working with Andreas (and anyone else) to figure out what of the
outstanding improvements needs incorporating, and how best to
incorporate them.

Does that help clarify?
--
Rob Browning