g-wrap-dev

Re: How to deal with GBoxed values and methods

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: How to deal with GBoxed values and methods
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:44:52 +0200

Hey Andreas,

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 14:14 +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> we have "GBoxed" types, which are passed around as GValue smobs (see
> gw-spec-utils.scm). One example for this is GtkTreeIter values. To fix
> this issue, we must find a way to pass these values as instances of
> their class, e.g. <gtk-tree-iter>, so instances/objects of the class
> must have a "slot" where we can store the C pointer.

I'm reluctantly with you. Another layer of indirection would be
inelegant though, but a gazillion new SMOB types will make
initialization slower given the GOOPS class that will be created for
each type. I'll look into this after the 2.6.0.

Cheers,
--
Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
http://ambient.2y.net/wingo/