g-wrap-dev

Re: Mapping one Scheme argument to two C arguments

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Mapping one Scheme argument to two C arguments
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:27:15 +0100

Hi Ludovic,

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 11:38 +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>   (define-method (call-arg-cg (type <chop-input-buffer-type>)
>                               (value <gw-value>))
>     (let ((size-var (string-append (var value) "_size")))
>       (list (var value) ", " size-var)))

Sneaky ;) I think there's probably a cleaner way to do this, but this
method is convenient.

That said, the best wrapping for a read/write interface is to use ports.
Guile's port implementation is terribly nasty, but it is possible to
implement custom port types. (gnome gnome-vfs) shows how to do it. Then
you have all the normal functions and port behavior.

g-wrap could provide some abstractions for port-like interfaces, but it
would need to be implemented, and guile needs some cleaning up, too.

Just a suggestion :)
--
Andy Wingo
http://wingolog.org/