g-wrap-dev

Re: Fix no-libffi autogen, broken latent bindings

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Fix no-libffi autogen, broken latent bindings
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:41:48 +0200

Heya Ludovic,

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 15:11 +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > A couple more patches here. As Andreas noted (and of course I did after
> > a while ;), the latent bindings updates broke guile-gnome. The attached
> > patch should fix that as soon as I get a patch pushed to guile-gnome.
>
> I still haven't understand what this latent binding thing is about.

Not a lot of time at the moment, but take a look at that large comment
in guile-runtime.c -- i spent a bit of time on it trying to explain the
thing. Basically without it loading (gnome gtk) takes upwards of 10
seconds. I wrote that code back in 2004, but it worked by molesting the
root module.

Here's a link:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-gtk-general/2004-05/msg00020.html

Cheers,