g-wrap-dev

Ubuntu packages need update

From: Jon Wilson
Subject: Ubuntu packages need update
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 22:52:52 -0400

Hey you all,
I was just trying to compile the latest guile-gnome on Ubuntu Feisty, and discovered that I will have to compiled g-wrap, too. Ubuntu packages contain g-wrap 1.9.6, and guile-gnome requires g-wrap 1.9.8. I thought "well, maybe these updates to g-wrap just came out after feisty feature freeze", so I checked Gutsy, and it has g-wrap 1.9.6 as well. As least for Gutsy we ought to get a late-model g-wrap in there. (For that matter, the version of guile-gnome in Feisty and Gutsy is 2.7.99-4, which seems a little dated.)
Regards,
Jon