gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Questions concerning Documentation, Sockets, FFI

From: Eric Merritt
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Questions concerning Documentation, Sockets, FFI
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 07:04:09 -0800 (PST)

Mike,

 I am very sorry, I may have mispoke myself. In any
case, I will elaborate as much as possible.

> Could you please elaborate on this so that we can
> fix it?  For example:
>
>   binary package date,

  12/20/2002 (and the one before)

>   path to your installation,

   C:\gcl

>   how you started GCL,

    gclm (although to get xemacs happy I had to point
directly to saved_gcl in the unix port directory)

>   the commands you tried and the results you got,
> and
>   the differences between Windows and Linux you
> noticed.

 Once again, I may have mispoke myself. Everything
worked well. It was just locating the info docs and
then finding something to read them that proved to be
the issue. I finally installed a perl script that will
convert info to html and that gave me access. However,
I was so bent on getting the info files into a
readable format that I kind of missed the content of
the files (not to mention that I was pretty
frustrated.

 On linux info is pretty much natural so there were no
issues with it.

On a second note a little readme in the binary
(windows at least) describing the docs, what they are,
where they are, and how to convert them would probably
solve any problem that arises.

Thanks,
Eric