gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploaded Windows sour

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Metadata for the uploaded Windows source/bi nary package.
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:34:31 -0500

Mike,

I have been trying to build the Windows version from the
source that you provided, but I am stuck and a little
confused about what to do with gmp libraries. My build log
stops at the point of link raw_gcl with a list of missing
gmp symbols. When I compare it to your build log I can
see that you have a -lgmp where I do not. Is this something
put there by ./configure because it found something on your
system that is not on mine? Am I missing some ./configure
option in the lsp/Makefile.pamphlet file?

Below you refer to using a static gmp library. How precisely
would a do that? (Sorry to be so dense about this :) Any
clues or references would help.

Regards,
Bill Page.