gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Building maxima 5.9.2 on Debian stable

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Building maxima 5.9.2 on Debian stable
Date: 07 Mar 2006 17:28:05 -0500

Greetings!  I've just successfully built 5.9.2 on sarge.  I'd
recommend:

apt-get -q install gcl fakeroot texinfo libgmp3-dev libreadline5-dev locales
automake debhelper   libncurses5-dev autoconf2.13 gawk tetex-extra sharutils
                         (as root)
apt-get -q source maxima
                        (make sure your debsrc in
                                /etc/apt/sources.list points to unstable)
cd maxima-5.9.2
fakeroot debian/rules binary

Please let me know if problems persist.

Take care,