gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] gio gvfs and gnome 2.22

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] gio gvfs and gnome 2.22
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 23:49:47 +0100

> Do you have any ideas about gio and GVFS:
> http://live.gnome.org/GioToDo
>
> Is it better than current gnome-vfs?

"gio is the new i/o library for gnome, scheduled to replace gnome-vfs...
In addition to libgio there is a module called "gvfs", which implements
a userspace virtual filesystem using daemons handling each mount and
dbus to talk to these daemons. It automatically plugs into libgio and
extends its functionality."

Development of GnomeVFS is going to be dropped in the future and the
whole subsystem will be replaced with gio+gfvs. But... the current
version is 0.0.1 (relesed todaY), so I guess we have some time before
transition ;o)

Piotr