gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Patch for Review

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Patch for Review
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 20:33:52 +0100

Hi,

> I am attaching herewith a patch for an enhancement of Layout options.
> The details of the modifications done are as mentioned below: -
>
> Ideally, the preferences must be applied as soon as they are changed.
>
> 1. Apply font as soon as the select font dialog is closed.
>
> 2. Apply Row Height as soon as it is changed.
>
> 3. Apply the file extension display preference as soon as it is changed.
>
> 4. Apply Graphical mode as soon as it is changed.
>
> 5. Apply Color scheme as soon as it is changed.
>
> 6. Apply LS COLORS toggled scheme on change
>
> 7. Apply icon size as soon as it is changed.

Thanks for your contribution :o)

Found issues:

     1. the smaller one - there is a side effect when opening Options
        dlg - file lists flicker (being redrawn) when initializing
        widgets. The solution should be simple - just connect new
        signals later - after setting values
     2. Option dlg has two buttons: Cancel & OK - while OK works
        perfectly with your patch, Cancel should revert the changes done
        to gcmd layout.

Piotr