gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] history

From: kht-lists
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] history
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 22:15:55 +0000

Hello Michael,

There sure is a lot of STUFF saved which probably should not be saved. (Not
nearly as bad as Windoze though :-) However, as far as gnome-commander goes I
am not seeing the history you describe.  I am running g-c 1.8.1 on CentOS 7
with the Mate desktop. All I find in .gnome2 are

directory accels containing the file gnome-commander which is described as ";
this file is an automated accelerator map dump"
file gnome-commander.depreciated
file gnome-commander-size.depreciated

The last two files contain some configuration sort of data, not history.

Have you killed "Recent Documents" or recently used?  I do this as follows

delete file ~/.local/share/recently-used.xbel
create and empty file by: touch ~/.local/share/recently-used.xbel
chmod -w ~/.local/share/recently-used.xbel
sudo chattr +i ~/.local/share/recently-used.xbel

That seems to kill a lot of history although I am not sure if g-c makes use of
that data.

Ken

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.