gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] gnome-commander | "Execute" doesn't work on files with sp

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] gnome-commander | "Execute" doesn't work on files with space in filename (#98)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 21:44:45 +0100

Am Sun, 7 Mar 2021 23:27:59 +0100 schrieb mi:

> For example i tried to get this running, as command for Programs --> Terminal
> for executing:
>
> /usr/bin/tilix --new-process  -p profile2  -e
>
> whereas profile2 is specifically adapted to execute things (no login, scroll
> on output, notify output, keep terminal after command finished, and of
> course, a fancy color !)

Hm, I have just the following in Programs->Terminal: "xfce4-terminal". Can you
maybe just give it a try without the "-e" at the end?

> but it just opens the profile and does not execute anything.If i add a simple
> 'ls' after the -e, however, it executes just that, fine.

As far as I understand, the command given in "Programs->Terminal" is just used
for opening a terminal when clicking on the terminal icon in the toolbar, isn't
it? Why are you trying to something in the terminal already when just starting
it?

> Also, if i trie to execute from the gcdm commandline directly, staying in the
> respectivce folder, it appears gcmd does not recognize the pwd. I have to
> still give the full path.

Can you give a simple example? I have a picture in a folder, say, "~/a.jpg".
When I enter the command "display a.jpg" in the command line at the bottom, a
display window opens "a.jpg" without an issue. Is that not what you experience?
Are you working in a folder with a space character? Even that is working for me
(in the current master branch, though).

> So my first bet is that gcmd does not really append the correct path to the
> script file, to the exec call. Or nothing at all ?
>
> And maybe that's also related to the whitespace problem.

It might be related, but at the moment I don't see that. We have to dig a bit,
still. :)

Best
Uwe