gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Fwd: Segfault

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Fwd: Segfault
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 22:06:59 +0100

Hi Mamoru and Greg,

Am Thu, 25 Nov 2021 15:40:25 +0900 schrieb Mamoru TASAKA:

> (Please reply to the mailing list)
>
> Greg wrote on 2021/11/25 10:23:
> >
> > On 11/24/21 19:56, Mamoru TASAKA wrote:
> >> Hello, Greg:
> >>
> >> Okay, thank you. This is very helpful.
> >> So:
> >>
> >> #0  __strcmp_avx2 () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/strcmp-avx2.S:106
> >> #1  0x000055aa45346cdb in device_mount_point_exists(GnomeCmdConList*, char
> >> const*) (list=0x55aa45f8ef80, mountpoint=0x0) at gnome-cmd-data.cc:2066
> >> #2  0x000055aa4533e85c in add_gvolume(GVolume*) (gVolume=0x55aa4609ec90)
> >> at gnome-cmd-data.cc:2167
> >> #3  0x000055aa4533e9ec in load_available_gvolumes() () at
> >> gnome-cmd-data.cc:2223
> >> #4  0x000055aa453406b1 in GnomeCmdData::load_devices()
> >> (this=0x55aa45466380 <gnome_cmd_data>) at gnome-cmd-data.cc:2794
> >> #5  0x000055aa4534359b in GnomeCmdData::load() (this=0x55aa45466380
> >> <gnome_cmd_data>) at gnome-cmd-data.cc:3448
> >> #6  0x000055aa4539e17a in main(int, char**) (argc=1, argv=0x7ffd9ec075f8)
> >> at main.cc:135
> >>
> >> #1 says moutpoint is nullptr, this is the direct cause (still we may have
> >> investigate why mountpoint (i.e. the return value of
> >> g_volume_get_identifier())
> >> is nullptr here...)
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Mamoru

Thank you for the updated stack trace, Greg, and thanks for the patch,
Mamoru! I will apply this one for you in Git, it really makes sense to
me and might prevent the crash already.

In the future we might have to think about if using
G_VOLUME_IDENTIFIER_KIND_UNIX_DEVICE alone for getting the identifiers
for the available volumes is enough... This might be a task for a
future versions of Gcmd.

Regarding the devices in the Gcmd options dialog: For the time being I
left the devices part in Gnome Commander for compatibility reasons also
after the migration to gio, but on the long term I think it will
confuse users. Gio volumes are now auto discovered and added to the
list of devices in gcmd. Maybe it would be more intuitive to move the
functionality of manually added devices in Gcmd over to the directory
bookmarks. I am open to sugestions :)

Best
Uwe

--
Bei Rot bleiben wir stehen, bei Grün fahren wir weiter, und Schwarz
ist sowieso besser.