gcmd-users

[gcmd-usr] Gcmd 0.9.8 rpm and Suse 8.0

From: Thorsten Grothe
Subject: [gcmd-usr] Gcmd 0.9.8 rpm and Suse 8.0
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 22:17:40 +0200

Hi,

I just downloaded the rpm for gnome-commander 0.9.8 and tried to
install it on my Suse 8.0 System. I got error messages on failed
dependencies of

libcryto.so.2 and libssl.so.2

openssl-0.9.6c-29 is installed. So I just ignored it and installed it
wiht rpm --nodeps ....and that works.

I played a little bit with the programm and it's really great. So I
decided to use it with icewm. I have only a few questions:

I went in a directory with many files (about 100 in .xpm format) and
renamed some of them. It took a long time and several refreshes of the
view (Ctl+R) before gcmd shows them in the right manner with the new
name.

I had the same problem when I moved a file with F6 to another directory.
I hit Ctl+R several times but gmcd even shows the file in the
directory. I checked it with another filemanager and the directory was
empty. After restarting gmcd it was ok.

Does anybody know why? Is it perhaps of the failed dependencies?

Thank you!

Thorsten

--
Thorsten Grohte