gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] SMB Howto

From: Joao Mendes
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] SMB Howto
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:12:31 +0000

Hi,

I'm havo domains and workgroups in my network.
But gcmd doesn't even open anything.

"Failed to open connection: Host not found"

Thanks
Joao Mendes

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 17:58, Marcus Bjurman wrote:
On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 10:40, Joao Mendes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed GCMD but I can't access my smb network.
>

> I successfully mount smb drives with my user, so I think smb is well
> configured ...
>
> Can anyone help me

If could be more specific it would be easier to do so.

My guess on what your problem is:

gcmd don't support enviroments where smb authentication is needed. This
is a very needed extension of gcmd (if anyone is looking for a feature
to hack on).

/Marcus