gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] gtk-2 version

From: Yang Guilong
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] gtk-2 version
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:33:23 +0800

Hi,

On Tue, 24 May 2005 12:12:08 +0200
Micha <address@hidden> wrote:

> address@hidden:
>
> >     Spam. You must be very untouched by internet. :)
> >
> > --ph
> >
> > > what the hell is this?
>
> lol
>

> To satisfy your desire for traffic, something on topic.
>
> Does anybody know if the gtk-2 version will compile and run under debian
> sarge or sid ?
>
> Any serious bugs ?

Why not have a try by yourself?

Gnome2 version of gcmd used a function called _gtk_clist_create_cell_layout
which is
a private symbols of gtk2, I don't know whether debian has these symbols
exported
or not (the default is not). If you got message like
'_gtk_clist_create_cell_layout not found'
while linking,  you must get this fixed.

The author said in this list this is fixed in the cvs, but we haven't a new
release.
I just found this patch in the source package of  mandrake's gcmd2,
and post a copy:
http://www.linuxeden.com/forum/blog/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=1412&blogId=110848

Hope this helps.

best regard