gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] gnome-commander's Next Step

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] gnome-commander's Next Step
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:23:42 +0200

Micha wrote:

I wonder if gcmd has to be seen as 'gnome app'.

Yes, it does need quite a lot of Gnome, it is
using some of the core functions of Gnome, like
the Gnome VFS.

Dependencies of 1.0.1 are

[cut lib-dependency-list]

Would the deps urge me to install more of Gnome, even if i don't
like to ?

You forgot all the executables that needs to
be there and comes with some of those libs, those
executables also has dependencies.... You will end
up with quite a bit of Gnome, even if you rather use
some other windowmanager (i use IceWm). Anyone hwo
starts completley without Gnome and tries to install
gcmd will discover that.

by patent law on written works.