gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] current filename to terminal command--how?

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] current filename to terminal command--how?
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:43:51 +0200

> Hello,
> I want to open a terminal and run a command and after viewing results,
> manually close the terminal.
>
> The command is:
>
> xterm -hold -e parverify (filename GC was pointing to here)
>
> How do I get the filename (ends in ".par2") that GC was pointing to when
> I opposite clicked and chose to run my command into the command's args?

If you want to run the command just type `parverify filename' in the
GCMD's cmdline and press ENTER. If you want to see execution results -
use SHIFT+ENTER instead. The command is executed in the current active
panel dir.

You can copy filename to cmdline using CTRL+ENTER (or SHIFT+CTRL+ENTER
for full path)

> I would like to use the advanced renaming facility to work on audiobook
> mp3 files.
> Where would I find either documentation or examples of syntax to use it?

Currently there is support for Exif and IPTC metatags only. I do plan to
implement mp3 support in the nearest future. The syntax (as stated in
GCMD doc) will be as follow e.g.:

        $T(ID3,Artist)

Piotr