gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Missing option: Incremental dir/file search in a dir

From: logbot
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Missing option: Incremental dir/file search in a dir
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 00:40:13 -0400

I agree, this would be a useful option. Total Commander represents this as an alternate quick search method, with the options like so:

Ctrl+Alt+Letters
Alt+Letters
Letter only
Letters - with search dialog

In "Letter only" mode, the search is completely non-modal (no find dialog) exactly like Firefox's find-as-you-type. It makes some styles of keyboard navigation much faster and easier. As a recent Windows convert it is probably the feature I miss most from Total Commander.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Ma Begaj wrote:
Hi,

I was using KDE Krusader for a long time, and I still have it on one
computer. There is an option, which is really great and I am missing
it in gcmd.

Krusader:
When I am in a directory with a lot of subdirectories and I want to
enter one of these subdirs, I just type first few letters of a
subdirectory name, and this subdirectory gets selected.

This happens incrementally like the page search in Firefox.

This is IMHO very useful option and I hope you might implement it a
near future. It makes working much faster.