gcmd-users

Re: [gcmd-usr] Feature Request - Bookmarks and CTRL button

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-usr] Feature Request - Bookmarks and CTRL button
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 00:01:02 +0100

> > We already talked about keyboard shortcuts in general,
> > i can't recall exactly but i guess i suggested to implement
> > the 'dynamic shortcut applying' feature of gtk-2. You can
>
> This would be very cool. Definitively, +1 -- missing shortcuts in GCMD
> is getting to be the only way how I miss my krusader ;-).
>
> On the similar note -- I haven't found a shortcut for "Go $HOME" (it was
> Alt+Home in Krusader, which seems pretty sensible to me), and is it
> known that Ctrl+Shift+. (Copy the current working directory from the
> active file list to the inactive one; which is IMHO much more useful
> than Ctrl+.) is broken in 1.2.3 (at least on Red Hat with
> gnome-commander-1.2.3-5.fc6)? Just whether I should file that bug.

Current gcmd code doesn't allow for adding full fledged user-customised
shortcuts at the moment. It's now impossible to implement this without
rewriting major parts of the app (sigh...)

What is within our reach? We can reserve some keys (CTRL+n is Good Idea
(TM)) for certain actions. I'd like to concentrate on the most important
things that could be assigned to these keys - let's discuss what we'd
like to have here... This could include:

        * shortcuts to bookmarks
        * shortcuts to external (fav?) programs
        * shortcuts to python plugins
        * ...