gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules

From: Andrew Cagney
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:53:23 -0500

[also wrong To: line]

Richard Stallman wrote:

If people are proposing that we should change the way this
part of the GNU system is maintained, the first question is,
is there really a problem?

I think there is.  At least seven of the twelve blanket write
maintainers are on record as thinking that there is.  3 or 4
non-blanket-write maintainers with whom I've conversed about
it think there is.

Michael, (I'm glad we've cleared up one point)

As one of the principals that initiated this proposal, it might be helpful if you were to provide us with specific examples of how the existing system has hindered you in your (paid and unpaid) development efforts. Can I suggest during the Jan - Oct 2003, however if you feel that events outside that period support your case then, of course, refer to them.

Andrew