gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules

From: Ian Lance Taylor
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules
Date: 29 Jan 2004 13:32:39 -0500

Daniel Jacobowitz <address@hidden> writes:

> > Who, from "Cygnus", do you see still being significantly involved in
> > development?
>
> Certainly all five of our global maintainers at Red Hat are still
> significantly involved in development, and as far as I know they all
> did GDB development at Cygnus.  There are others in the various parts
> of Red Hat, also mostly originating from Cygnus.  Jeff, Corinna, and
> Chris are the most active on that list.

Heck, it's worse than that, since 8 of the 12 people listed as global
maintainers in gdb/MAINTAINERS are either Cygnus/Red Hat or ex-Cygnus.
(I don't know how many of those people are actively working on gdb.)
The binutils are much worse--7 out of 8 global maintainers are Cygnus
or ex-Cygnus.

But I would have to agree that it doesn't really matter.

Ian