gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules

From: Michael Snyder
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:09:14 -0800

Elena Zannoni wrote:
[tirade deleted]

and why oh why didn't you contact the steering committee instead of
organizing your cabal?

Elena, it never occurred to us.  No one had consulted the steering
committee about anything, as far as I know, for literally years.
For instance, no one consulted the steering committee about changing
"blanket write maintainers" into "global maintainers".  I don't see
why it was unreasonable for us to talk about changing it back without
consulting the steering committee.