gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Steering Committee nominations

From: Michael Snyder
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Steering Committee nominations
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:55:35 -0800

Robert Dewar wrote:
Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:02:16 -0500
From: Robert Dewar <address@hidden>

Richard Stallman wrote:

I would rather have more, not less, overlap between the official
maintainers of GDB and the people doing the actual work on GDB.

I agree with Richard that more overlap is desirable ...

I cannot say whether I agree or not because I don't understand the
difference between ``official maintainers of GDB'' and ``people doing
the actual work on GDB''.

The official maintainers are the steering committee, the people
doing the actual work on GDB are the people doing the actual work
on GDB.

I.e. we who have been referring to ourselves as "the maintainers"
for a number of years now.  Frankly, I feel a bit "demoted".

> I don't know what can be done to make this clearer

It's clear.  The distinction is between "official" and "actual".