gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] Re: Feb's patch resolution rate

From: Jim Blandy
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] Re: Feb's patch resolution rate
Date: 27 Mar 2004 13:19:44 -0500

Andrew Cagney <address@hidden> writes:
> > Well, what about
> >     JimB
> >     Elena
> >     David
> > ?
>
> Or:
>
>       Elena
>       David
>       JimB
>
> ?
>
> Remember this lack of commitment has beeing going on for years and
> years and years.   I've shown increadible tollerance towards Jim here,
> I've even covered his ass on occasions (having received direct
> complaints that symtab patches were being intentionally ignored).  At
> the start of '03 (yes a year ago) as part of those private discussions
> I suggested:
>
>       Elena
>       JimB
>
> as at least that way reflected reality.  He declined.  I pointed out
> that he wasn't pulling his weight publically.

Wait, wait.

What does ordering mean?  I wasn't aware that that mattered.  I
thought there were global maintainers, and area maintainers, and
that's that.

As long as I can still approve symtab patches, including my own, I
don't object to

    Elena
    JimB

at all.

If my occupying some position has been somehow preventing Elena from
taking initiatives, then taken together with Elena's ability to commit
more hours to public GDB work, that's a clear argument that I
shouldn't occupy that position.  I wouldn't want to.  I have never
intended to prevent Elena, or anyone else, from contributing as much
as they are able.