gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdb-discuss] Ada95 support?

From: Robert Dewar
Subject: Re: [Gdb-discuss] Ada95 support?
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:52:07 -0400

John Walsh wrote:
Hello,
I tried to use gdb 6.0 with Ada and it didn't seem to work.
I say that there is a gnat version of gdb but it's based on 5.3.
Why isn't the Ada support found in their version put in the mainstream version of gdb?

Thanks

We are definitely working on getting a GNAT aware version
of gdb 6.0 and get all the necessary patches checked in,
but it is not simply a matter of "putting" a bunch of
existing patches into 6.0. There is quite a bit of work
to be done, and it will take a while.