gdb

Re: [Gdb] GDB Problem

From: Bernt Habermeier
Subject: Re: [Gdb] GDB Problem
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:06:38 -0800

Not that I could help you even if you gave me this information,
but what version of OS, gcc, and gdb are you using?

It is more probable someone else may be able to help you
when you give out more details about what you are running.

Side note:

Did you try upgrading your gdb version?

Also, sometimes gcc has bugs that affect debuggers, so
you might want to consider trying a more recent version
of gcc (if applicable).

for such purpose.

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           "Jaskiran Singh"    |
|         |           <jaskiran.singh     |
|         |           @tatainfotech.com>  |
|         |           Sent by:            |
|         |           gdb-bounces+bhaberme|
|         |           ier=csc.com         |
|         |                               |
|         |                               |
|         |           12/15/2004 07:06 AM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           Jaskiran Singh      |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |        To:      "GDB" <address@hidden>
                                       |
  |        cc:
                                    |
  |        Subject: [Gdb] GDB Problem
                                    |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi All

GDB

Does any one has some idea why gdb fails while a process is forked.
Here is the problem that i am facing
A processed is forked and is run in the background.
Its attached using the
attach <pid> of the process.

A break point is put on a function, which is invoked using a pointer to a
function.
However when the function is invoked and i type

(gdb) continue
 on the gdb console, it says
Could not find registers.

Could any body help me out. Or any pointer to somebody

Jas