gdb

Gdb question: "next" does not go line by line

From: isulsz
Subject: Gdb question: "next" does not go line by line
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:11:37 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I use automake and autoconf to compile and build my program. And I use gdb
to debug my program. I find that the "next" command does not go line by
line. It jumps several lines each time. The same thing happens to "step"
command. After looking at the gdb document, I think perhaps the problem is
that the compiled program misses debug information. And I also see the
warning when I run gdb: missing separate debuginfos. use debuginfo -install
what does this mean? And how can I solve the problem?

Currently my configure.in is simple:
AC_INIT(hello.cc)
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(hello,1.0)
AC_PROG_CXX