gdb

Re: Sorry, a dumb one: how do I BUILD the thing (i.e. gdb) on Win?

From: Simon
Subject: Re: Sorry, a dumb one: how do I BUILD the thing (i.e. gdb) on Win?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 18:33:35 -0500

I think there is pre-build version of gdb for windows. Your definitely will need more effort if you want to build your own.

Regards,
Simon

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Charles Manning <address@hidden> wrote:

> I actually managed to find an already built gdb.exe. It's
> This GDB was configured as "x86_64-w64-mingw32".
> which not only means that it can indeed load Win-64 images, but also that
> it IS possible to build gdb with MinGW64. ;-)
>
> I found it at http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?fa=gdb . I have
> to confess that downloading a plain .exe and running it on my machine was
> pretty scary - if anybody could confirm that downloads from equation.com
> are virus-free, it would be greatly appreciated.

Luck to find something pre-built.

I would think that using Cygwin would make life a little easier.

> Another downside is that it's 7.2, while the latest official gdb release
> seems to be 7.3.1 - another reason to try and build it myself.
> But anyway, it seems to be running ok... and I found my bug! :-)

I would not get too distressed about that. 7.2 is likely mature enough for
most  things you'd want to do under x86.

-- Charles