geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Error, default-load-handler

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Error, default-load-handler
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 16:36:48 +0100

Hi Chris,

On Mon, Mar 21 2011, Chris Poole wrote:

> Hi,
> I've installed racket, and grabbed the geiser tarball and got it in my
> load path (compiled) and `required` it.

>From the error message, it looks like you did a plain 'make' (not 'make
install').  If that's the case, you shouldn't be requiring geiser, but

  (load "~/lisp/geiser/build/elisp/geiser-load")

(see http://www.nongnu.org/geiser/geiser_2.html#Setting-it-up).

Could that be the problem?

> Running `run-geiser`, I tell it to use racket, and then the racket
> prompt loads.
>
> There is this error though:
>
>     default-load-handler: cannot open input file:
> "/usr/local/share/geiser/racket/geiser/startup.rkt" (No such file or
> directory; errno=2)
>
> The REPL prompt shows, and all works ok.

Do you mean by "all" geiser stuff too (like autodoc)? (that'd be quite
surprising to me!).

Cheers,
jao
--
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've
forgotten this before. -Steven Wright, comedian (b. 1955)