geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] racket pict

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] racket pict
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 02:44:45 +0100

Hi Matias,

On Sun, Mar 18 2012, Matias Eyzaguirre wrote:

> Hi, I'm aware that emacs can display pictures inline, and that racket
> has a picture mode in slideshow/pict, are there any plans to be able
> to view these within a REPL in a similar manner to drracket? For that
> would be very glorious, in my opinion.

That would be glorious indeed, but quite difficult to do due to the way
geiser works right now, which consists on delegating as much as it can
to the scheme REPL via a text-based communication channel... and that in
a way generic enough to be applied to other schemes.

I cannot think of an easy way of accomplising what you want without
essentially rewriting the whole thing, but would be delighted to be
proved wrong...

Cheers,
jao
--
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable
one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all