geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Possible bug

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Possible bug
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 23:32:40 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Wed, May 23 2012, Mark Skilbeck wrote:

> I came across this while reading my beloved SICP!
>
> Emacs 24. M-x run-guile.
>
> To the issue. The following code in the REPL leads to an error in
> emacs, "Text is read-only":
> (begin
>   (display ";;;")
>   (newline)
>   (read))
>
> Any ideas?

Does

  (setq geiser-repl-read-only-prompt-p nil)

solve the problem for you?  The drawback is that the prompt won't be
read-only... a proper fix is not immediate due to nitty-gritty details
related to how geiser uses comint-mode...

Cheers,
jao
--
Tact is the ability to tell a man he has an open mind when he has a
hole in his head.