geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Geiser doesn't response sometimes

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Geiser doesn't response sometimes
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:37:57 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 13 2012, Haiwei Zhou wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I use geiser with racket. I have update to latest git repo of geiser
> and racket.
>
>  My emacs is a little old.
>
>  GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1) of
> 2010-09-02 on pluot, modified by Debian

That's in principle supported.  How are you loading/installing Geiser?
I don't try Geiser with racket from the git repo: could you try with the
latest racket release?

>  When requiring a module into geiser REPL, sometimes it got not
> response. It's very annoy.   I try start emacs without init script,
> it's still the same.
>
>  Another strange thing is that when I close the geiser  emacs prompt
> that "These default coding systems were tried to encode ..." and let
> me choose encoding. It seems geiser process buffer use utf-8 encoding.

This is most probably due to a corrupted history file.  The default one
for racket is ~/.geiser-history.racket: moving it away should fix the
problem.

>  Is there any way to debug geiser?

C-u M-x geiser-show-logs will show details about the messages exchanged
between Geiser and Racket from then on.

HTH,
jao
--
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge
  - Charles Darwin