geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] How does Geiser find source

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] How does Geiser find source
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 22:27:41 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Sun, Apr 07 2013, Mark Skilbeck wrote:

> Hi, all.
>
> I have Geiser mostly set up — documentation shows up fine,
> etc.; however, one little problem is that I can never use
> the [source] button in the Geiser Doc View: I'm always told
> "Couldn't find the edit location for 'define'".

Are you always told 'define' no matter what procedure you're looking the
source of?

In Guile, there're many basic procedures implemented in C, and for them
we cannot jump to the source ('define' is one of them).  That could be
the cause, at least in some cases.

> Any ideas? I thought that maybe I should tell Geiser where
> to find the Guile sources installed on my system, but the
> button is also ineffective for locally-defined code.

If that's the case, there must be something wrong with either Geiser or
your configuration.  What versions of Geiser and Guile are you using?
Another way of jumping to a procedure's definition is by using M-. when
the cursor's on it: does that also always fail for you?

Cheers,
jao
--
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give
of yourself that you truly give.